Illinois faculty among most highly cited worldwide
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is well-represented 2016 List of Most Cited Researchers in Materials Science and Engineering by Elsevier Scopus Data. Among all the researchers, only the top 300 in the field of materials science and engineering are included in the list ranked by the total citations of their papers. Eleven Illinois faculty researchers were among the highly cited researchers that are either the corresponding author or the first author of their publications.
University of Illinois faculty researchers from several different disciplines were represented on this year’s list. The three highlighted in bold are CSL professors.
- Prashant K. Jain (Chemistry) - Chemical Engineering
- Billie F. Spencer, Jr. (CEE) - Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Minh Do (ECE) - Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
- Pramod Viswanath (ECE) - Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
- Daniel Liberzon (ECE) - Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Tami C. Bond (CEE ) - Environmental Science & Engineering
- Wen-Tso Liu (CEE) - Environmental Science & Engineering
- Jeffrey S. Moore (Chemistry) - Materials Science & Engineering
- Catherine Jones Murphy (Chemistry) - Materials Science & Engineering
- Ralph G. Nuzzo (Chemistry) - Materials Science & Engineering
- John A. Rogers (MatSE) - Materials Science & Engineering
This list was compiled by MSE Supplies from the Elsevier Scopus database and appears on the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) website (listed by category). The ARWU “Academic Ranking of World Universities” currently ranks the College of Engineering at Illinois #4 worldwide in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences.
Engineering at Illinois was #1 on "The Most-Cited Institutions in Engineering, 1999-2009," a list of the top 20 institutions worldwide with the highest total citations to research papers published in Thomson Reuters-indexed engineering journals from January 1, 1999 to October 31, 2009.