National Center for Principled Leadership & Research Ethics (NCPRE)
The National Center for Principled Leadership & Research Ethics (NCPRE) creates and shares resources to support the development of better ethics and leadership practices. NCPRE focus on leadership in a variety of institutional settings, from academia to business.
The Center's work includes studying and promoting improved research practice in university and private settings. One flagship initiative is the SOURCE project, which provides universities with tools to assess their research ethics climates and benchmark themselves against institutional peers. NCPRE also offers workshops and MOOC-based coursework devoted to ethical leadership and coping with institutional challenges in the rapidly changing environment of higher education, here in the U.S. and around the world. Another important current activity is a multi-year leadership development institute, offered in partnership with Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
NCPRE is committed to:
- recognizing that no one seeks disaster; small choices are important in personal and ethical pathways;
- educating about ethics as the smart choice, not just the right choice;
- developing leaders using evidence-based, practical, applied strategies;
- creating tools, systems, and resources to help others educate about ethics and leadership;
- helping institutions assess the integrity of their environments;
- providing strategies for salvage when things do go wrong and for returning to business as usual.
Application for Teaching Responsible Conduct of Research Certificate (PDF)
Information for Teaching Responsible Conduct of Research Certificate (PDF)
The National Center for Principled Leadership & Research Ethics digital library offers innovative educational materials, comprehensive federated search functionality, and a large central database of ethics literature.